Independent Loan and Portfolio Review
One of the core services of MBL Risk Analytics (MBLRA) is the independent review of Credit Union Member Business Loan portfolios. If you have a Credit Union Service Organization (CUSO) or underwrite your MBL’s in house, the NCUA strongly recommends an independent review of the loan portfolio annually. We work with our CU partners to provide sound, third-party, MBL portfolio analysis and can tailor the review to meet the specific needs of each client. Our CU partners count on us annually to examine their portfolio and prepare them for any regulatory reviews. Together, we develop a customized scope of work to meet specific needs and areas of concern.
Typical key points of each review are:
- Determining loan compliance with covenants and documentation requirements;
- Verifying annual credit review and risk rating has been completed satisfactorily;
- Continuous loan review and monitoring of troubled loans;
- Troubled debt restructuring and workout options for problem assets;
- Evaluation of documentation standards;
- Review of initial underwriting and/or annual review, to ensure adherence to credit union guidelines.
- Verifying security interest perfection
The final product is a complete and comprehensive loan review package outlining any items of concern and the recommended remedy for each. If we have identified any areas of concern, we then work with our client to take corrective action to verify the credit file is in proper order for the regulatory audit. As an additional service, we can also be retained to be present during regulatory audits to meet with the NCUA and state auditors as an advisor to the credit union.
Contact us to learn more about how we can help your Credit Union.